Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I won a watch at COAS' Benefit Gala!!!

Tonight I had another Benefit Dinner, one of those you can miss... that of COAS.
I have a strong bond with all the women working for COAS (Cooperadora de Acción Social), memories and many dinners together... In fact, more or less 17 years ago, when we first moved to our house in Buenos Aires (were I still live), we offered our salons and living for a Benefit cocktail to raise funds for COAS. Its President then was Daisy Chopitea, a great lady who I saw again tonight with deep pleasure. After that cocktail of 1993, I think I missed very few of their Galas. Its always an honor to help such good, honest and determined people that do good to so many as the volunteers that work for COAS. With the money and donations they raise, they buy beds, ultrasound machines and medical equipment to the neediest hospitals in our city.
As usual, tonight's dinner was a huge success. Lots of people (I calculated around 600 to 700), a brilliant speech by Ani Mestre de Sambrizzi, COAS' new President, and another by Mauricio Macri, mayor to Buenos Aires. 
But the dinner was also a good excuse to pre-open the 33° Feria de las Naciones, to be held from November 5th to the 15th. For those of you who can not go the the Rural those days, you can buy the same products and collaborate with COAS by entering their site
And, for the first time in my life, I won a Jean-Pierre watch on the giveaway among guests! I can't believe it!!
Of course, there were many beautiful women, starting with the future Mrs. Macri, Juliana Awada, who wore a long white dress embroidered with stones and her hair, tied into a very 1920's bun. Catherine Roemmers had a long black sequined dress and Louboutin shoes. Karina Jelinek, very pretty, used a short blue sequined dress and Ani Mestre de Sambrizzi picked a short leopard dress, that looked great on her and was very into the trends seen in Europe. Evelyn Scheild wore a short black one and I found it fitted her perfectly.
There were so many women I can not remember more!
As for me, before I finish this post, I wore a gold dress with blue and red embroidery by Oscar de la Renta (of course). As a friend of mine said... very Egyptian. I leave you a picture taken at home, before heading to the party...
So, to bed now, it's 1 am... See you soon.
P.S.: I forgot to tell you about the beautiful decoration and mood designed masterfully by Martin Roig. So difficult to achieve something like it in such a big place, but he did it.
And also some words about the food, never so tasty! And for so much people!

No comments:

Post a Comment