Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Benefit Gala for the Hospital de Clínicas...

Freshly arrived into a Buenos Aires already enjoying its Spring time, with the jasmines under my house in bloom (they usually show their flowers by October 25th), I pushed myself into the social world and tonight I went to a classic event: the Benefit Gala held to raise funds to help the Hospital de Clínicas.
As usual these past years, it was held at the Four Seasons Hotel, with a previous cocktail on their Mansion. As Black Tie was the dress code suggested, men wore tuxedos and women were mostly in long dresses. As it happens, there was much more people than usual, and Gabriel Oliveri, manager to the Four Seasons, confirm to me that in fact they had to add tables... more tables, more money to the Foundation supporting the Hospital. Good news!! Its President, Mercedes von Dietrichstein de Zamborain, is an amazing and incredible woman and she's been working hard for so many years to raise funds for such an important health center to our city. She's supported by a Board and a group of wonderful volunteers... in fact, all the food catered tonight (exquisite) was donated by Lily de Sielecki, something that happens every year, in every of their Galas. There were amazing prizes drawn among the attendees too: stays at luxury hotels, jewels, clothes and even a box at the Teatro Colón, to see Buenos Aires' Philarmonic Orchestra... all of them donated for the Gala!!
Attendance was assorted and interesting, from politicians like Scioli and Macri, with their wife and wife-to-be, both very beautiful and elegant, to Graciela Borges, godmother to the Gala, and Viviana Canosa, who was seated at my table and who I found "très chic," more so than on TV.
And of course, all the socialites from Argentina were there, from traditional families to new riches (this meant not with disregard, of course!).
The DJ of the night was, as usual, Héctor Suásnabar, and the food was excellent... as dessert, we had a chocolate moulleux that was to die for... I did not eat it, but did smell it.
My dress, before you ask, was a fuchsia Oscar de la Renta, strapless.
The best of it all for me?
When someone eating at my table said that he read my blog and that he really liked it and make him laugh... What joy!!
You can check the party by clicking here.