Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fundaleu...

As Winter is coming to an end and Spring draws near, the season of charity dinners is beginning in Buenos Aires. One of the first to be held was this Monday, August 30th: FUNDALEU's (Foundation fighting Leukemia) Gala. As usual, it was held at the Alvear Hotel, but this year a special tent was placed at the entrance, to protect the celebrities walking the red carpet and the army of photographers and press following the event. The "celebrities" were around thirty, many from fashion and showbiz, and, as every year, they wore aprons to serve the guests the delicious dinner prepared by La Bougogne's chef.
Among them were Susana Giménez, Martín Palermo, Facundo Arana (the most eager to attend the needs of his fans), Mike Amigorena and Carla Peterson (the one with the look I liked best).
Many prizes were given and thankfully a lot of money was raised. 
The anecdote of the night was that Susana Giménez's dress, a design by Libanese Zuhair Murad in black lace, was also worn by another of the guests... Katherine Roemmers who, to make things worse, is also tall and platinum blonde! The two of them accepted the fact with humor... what else could they do?
The same thing once happened to me on one of my birthday parties... I had everything planned and one of my guests arrived wearing my exact same white embroidered dress by Azzaro! How awful!! I felt unique with my newly bought dress from Paris... and suddenly I wasn't unique anymore.
Since then I've decided that if that happens again, I will immediately head back and change into something else: a pair of jeans, a minidress, whatever... But I will never again share the scene!!
Have a nice night...
My dress, by Oscar de la Renta.

No comments:

Post a Comment