Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blue... blue...

Yesterday, Milano's Spring-Summer 2011 Fashion Week came to an end and it will start tomorrow here, in Paris... Last stage, till October 9th, of this Fashion caravan that began in New York several weeks ago...
Obviously Paris always has the last word, but we can start to single out the most important trends already. It's mainly fashion for a hippie / bohemian woman, with lots of long skirts and fringes (see Cavalli's and Pucci's), or a true romantic one, with white dresses with lace (Dolce & Gabbana). The 15 cm-high heels we've become so used to now, are beginning to disappear, replaced by low strappy sandals (gladiators... again!!).
Bold colors still dominate, specially blue and turquoise, seen mainly in Versace's and many American and Italian collections.
My favorites so far?
I liked the gowns of Oscar de la Renta, always excellent when it comes to elegant designs. I loved Proenza Schouler, because of the choice of color and tailoring. I was surprised, as usual, by Prada, with her very original dresses. I felt in love again with Dolce & Gabbana, which had me quite bored lately, because of their white dresses with lace... And I was intrigued by the collection of Peter Dundas' for Pucci.
I have many invitations for the shows in Paris: Lanvin, Giambattista Valli, YSL, Alexander McQueen...
I'll keep you posted...
(Cavalli)
(Pucci)

No comments:

Post a Comment