Friday, August 27, 2010

Our blog's first anniversary...

Exactly a year ago, on August 27th 2009, around 3 pm, I was at home with Carla Mitrani, a young (just 30) radio producer, with whom I've been working for the past three years as a columnist in "El Toque," a radio program, hosted by Mario Mactas. 
Carla had contacted me on September 2006 because she wanted me to talk on Mario's show about the movie "The Devil wears Prada," a huge success around that time... And as I've been wearing Prada for years, she thought I could explain the importance of the label... She did reach me on my mobile, while I was walking around San Gimignano, in Tuscany. Since then, I became a constant collaborator in Mario's program, going live from which ever part of the world I was...
However, in August 2009, Mario decided to take a year off, and the two of us were left without his show. I missed my columns...
So, as I was telling you, that afternoon of August 27th, while we were at home, Carla suddenly said: "Why don't you start a blog?"
I hardly knew what a blog was, but I answered: "If you teach me how..."
And that's how this magnificent adventure began, an adventure that has done me so well, that has repositioned me in the world after a couple of tough years and that has actually became my therapy... Communicating with my readers fills me with joy and has changed the way I think. Now, every time I go somewhere, read something, see something, "think of" something... I just want to share it with you!!
Thanks to Carla and to her enthusiasm and energy, which have been important.
And above all, thanks to my followers...
Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
And for many many years of posts...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment