Sunday, July 11, 2010

Restaurants and Hotels in Paris...

Many of you, dear readers, have been asking me about restaurants and hotels in Paris.
Voici mi list of my favorite restaurants in the Ville Lumière.
There's one that opened recently and it's quite good called "La Societé", in St. Germaine, owned by the Costes dinasty (the same ones of the Hotel Costes, L'Avenue, etc). Then there's "Ralph", by the new Ralph Lauren boutique, but beware: make a reservation in advance before you go! I also like, although it is quite more expensive, but not as much as the "Tour d'Argent," the Bar at the Hotel Ritz, specially the inside terrace. Similar to that is "Laurent", which also has a beautiful garden. Simpler, but a favorite among my sister and me, is "Kaiten," a japanese restaurant with sushi and sashimi, a bar and a self-service buffet. It's opened non-stop, all day long, on the Rue Pierre Charon.
If I want to eat Italian, I go to "La Stresa," which I love. If I feel like going to a restaurant with some History, I head to "Les Closerie de Lilas," which is were Hemingway, Scott Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein, the whole lost generation used to go... To see some socialites and showbiz people, the place to dine is "Mathi's."
If I'm with meat-lovers or those feeling nostalgic of Argentina, I take them to "Anahi." 
As for Hotels, those with the good price/good location equation are: The Roosevelt Hotel on Rue Clemont Marot and Hotel Powers, on Rue Francois I. There's also the Hotel de Vigny, on Rue Balzac, and La Tremoille, also by the 8th arrondissement. 
By the Rive Gauche, I would recommend Hotel Lenox, on the Rue de l'Université, and "Hotel," on the Rue des Beaux Arts, very charming and almost in front of the Ecole des Beaux Arts (worth visiting!).
Of course, If you want to feel like a king, the best options are Hotel Ritz and Hotel George V, simply marvelous... as it is also Hotel Crillon, Madonna's favorite.
Anyway, no matter were you stay, Paris is Paris, and you'll enjoy it all the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment