Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The day Alain Delon kissed my hand...

... and that day was today, in Paris.
My favourite actor in my teens, the Samurai, Rocco from Rocco and his brothers, Fabrizio de Il Gatopardo, Borsalino, the hero from A plein soleil, from La piscine, the number one actor in France, the unique, never matched, kissed my hand... mine!!
So the story goes like this. Alain lives in Paris, and so do I. He goes to the same restaurant I usually go. In Marrakech I even ate at a lunch party he attended. And I saw him once in Punta del Este, when Roberto Giordano flew him specially from France for one of his runway shows...
And today as I was having lunch at 154, a small restaurant at Boulevard Haussmann, near the Museé Jacqmart-André, with some friends... oops... there he was, right next to our table, with a woman who looked like some kind of secretary and another man.
Absolutely ashamed, I couldn't even look at him... But I could see that he was gorgeous in spite of being 75, with a grey suit, a tie-less light blue shirt, a suntanned face and his hair... another story...
White but dense, cut untidily, but with straight locks... only women can understand this.
Did you know that a picture of him, taken in 1966, is now being used in the Eau Sauvage fragance by Dior add?
All of Paris is wall-papered with those adds.
I grew up watching his movies.
I remember vividly my joy when, at 13, I saw La prima notte de quiete, by the Italian director Valerio Zurlini... I can still see myself going out of the tiny and only cinema in Montepulciano, on a rainy Sunday...
So, back to today, he and his party finished having lunch before we did, and before leaving, he stoped by our table and greeted my friend. And then he turned to me, took my right hand and with his deep blue eyes, he looked at me and said: "Vous etes très belle, je vous felicite."
And he kissed my hand.
Believe me, I almost fell from the chair!!!
So he went on: "What do you do?"
"Nothing," I said stupidly...
He kissed my hand again with his unique smile and he left, followed by the gaze of all of us there, walking his personal walk, that neither life nor age, could change.
I know, I know, he tells every girl what he told me... That's Alain Delon, a legend...
But... who cares?



No comments:

Post a Comment