Saturday, December 28, 2013

Summer has begun...

Once again, as every year, with the same enthusiasm, we drove all the way to José Ignacio to the traditional December 27th Lacoste Party. It's become so famous it's mentioned in certain circles of New York, Paris, Madrid or Milano.
I've been going for 10 years now, maybe more.
I guess some day I'll stop going, but for now it's great fun chosing the dress and accesories, take my surprised guests and, once there, greet and kiss so many friends (yesterday, at least 40). 
There are no great conversations (too much noise), no politics or economy and, less still, literature or philosophy. But… who's cares?
You see who's there, find out how many (private) dinners are being organized and which foreign friends have arrived. As in Babel's tower, you get to hear many languages. I can instantly say from where they come. Blue blazers in men accuse a Newyorker or a Milanese. Glittery minis, Argentine girls. Flat sandals, French women of course.
Some say this year the season will be a disaster, that everything is so expensive…
I don't know. We'll see...
Roberto Cavalli dress, Kirat Young bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment