Friday, August 16, 2013

Vacations at Montepulciano...

Every year, during the European Summer, I spend a couple of weeks in my homeland: Montepulciano.
It's here that a become the Tuscan girl I used to be... I walk up and down the hills: I do 6 kms a day. I read by the pool, dine at the restaurants in the nearby towns the dishes of my youth: Sformatini, Pici al tomate, Cantuccis. And the vegetables from the garden, beans and zucchinis. Life is very quiet: there are some tourists, but they don't bother... 
When I was a small girl, I dreamed about going to New York, Los Angeles, Paris and Buenos Aires. I found being in Montepulciano so boring. But now I return with so much pleasure that I head back to Paris, Buenos Aires and New York a bit sad...
I've become the best ambassador of my homeland and a true "poliziana."
I must go, but I will return...

No comments:

Post a Comment