Wednesday, July 10, 2013

16, Rue Louis Vuitton en Asnières...

With great joy I received an invitation from Ricardo Reyes and Tikka de Kapurthala to lunch at Asnières, in the antique "Maison Vuitton."
I met Ricardo in Buenos Aires when he was in charge of the Vuitton local store, but then he left for Paris. I stopped seeing him for a while when he moved to Milano. He is now back in París, still working for L. Vuitton.
The Maison Vuitton, a jewel from the Art Noveau era, has been since 1859 the workshop for the famous pieces of luggage and special orders. Nowadays, Patrick-Louis Vuitton, fifth generation, runs the place.
The lunch was held in honor of the last heir of the Maharaja of Baroda, Samarjitsinh Gaekwad, his mother Shubhangini Devi and his wife, all of them visiting from India.
The Maharajas of Baroda have been loyal customers of the Maison Vuitton for more than a century and incredible special pieces were created for them.
I've never been to India and it is my dream to go sometime and meet that culture, so different from mine but with which I have many points in common: yoga and ayurveda, among others.
It's been a great honor to meet them and I promise to pay a visit next year, at least to Rajasthan!
Thank you very much Vuitton...

No comments:

Post a Comment