Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Como Shambhala in Parrot Cay...

If there is a place in the world I truly enjoy, which gathers all the conditions I exactly seek in a stay, that is Parrot Cay.
I've been here many times already... If I could, I'd be here more often. Parrot Cay is a resort in an island with the same name, which belongs to Turks & Caicos, an archipelago in the south of Bahamas, and Como Shambhala is an ayurvedic spa and a very important yoga center.
Apart from the color of the sea, the white sands and the amazing gardens, what calls your attention is the peace and calmness around. No high-volume music, no noisy people... It's like a Yoga clinic, whose staff is mainly proffesional: masseurs and masseuses, therapists and coaches. There are two restaurants: one which is ayervedic and the other, vegetarian. There's no dress code, no smoking allowed, you wake up with the sun and can take yoga classes in the beach. There are Pilates and Pranayana courses, at sunset, in the Pavillon. Early dinner is served and then, to bed!
I challenge anyone to come here and get in shape. There are no stores around, except for a tiny one in the lobby.
In the hours free of courses, you get to read, think or just stare at the sea...
There are many Como Shambhalas in the world: in Bhutan, at the Maldives, in Bali.
For now, I know only this one, in Parrot Cay... But I'm sure all of them are just fantastic...

No comments:

Post a Comment